Saturday, November 11, 2006

..It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...:)

Time for a new post!

A lot has happened since my last post. My parents were here for a few days and helped us with a few home renovations--putting up shelves, new lightbulbs and light covers and Christmas decoration shopping. It was wonderful to be able to show them our house and where we live, go to church and work. Dad spent a few days out on the 'ranch' with Steven, and mom and I went shopping, put up new curtains and caught up! It was great to have mom and dad down!

Today I started putting up Christmas decorations. For Steve's sake I did not yet put up the tree, but I think it will be next Saturday night's venture after work! I also put some outdoor lights on our house and hope to put a few more strands up. The Christmas music I had on put me in an incredibly festive mood! I also went to a local community craft sale as well this afternoon and found a couple things. I think that even though it is a bit early for Christmas, this snow that we have had on the ground for a couple of weeks makes it okay for the Christmas season to begin!!

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Kristen (Steve's sister) as she celebrates her birthday tomorrow!! May God Bless you with many more years and may you have a wonderful day celebrating in Kelowna tomorrow! **hugs** from us!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and is well rested for Monday morning!!

~Karen

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

ah, if you had waited a few more days you would have been right on schedule for Christmas decorations! :) Remember how you promised to wait until Nov 15 (dorm tradition)? I guess I can forgive you since you've had snow for a long time... it must feel like Christmas out there!

I haven't cracked out the Christmas music yet... though I almost did tonight after going to Shoppers Drug Mart and hearing Christmas carols being played over the radio! :)

hope you have a good week, karen. :)

5:41 PM  
Blogger The Hammer said...

I heard Feliz Navidad on the radio yesterday. WAY TOO EARLY!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read this now.. thanks for the birthday wishes :)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home